Innovative Learners Series: Share
IT ALL STARTS WITH THE AWESOME 8 LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Welcome to PyxisEdu’s Innovative Learners Series. We believe that every time you walk into your classroom you’re not delivering content, you’re providing opportunities. Every activity you work so hard to plan, every lesson you deliver is an opportunity for learning. This series will explore one of these Awesome 8 Learning Opportunities. Feel free to use individual resources, but to get a more in-depth understanding of this opportunity, we have organized the resources into a logical order.
When learners share with each other, their audience is expanded, and they gain a greater understanding of the material. When information is shared, students build confidence and there is increased engagement because the work become more real and authentic. This collection will examine ideas built around a student's ability to support claims based on ideas that draw from other’s work and how to create activities that all kids to receive feedback that allows for growth.
Guiding Questions That You Will Answer:
- How are students sharing and responding to their learning both with and without technology in your classroom?
- How are they sharing and responding to learning inside their classroom?
- How are students sharing and receiving feedback from an authentic audience outside of their classroom?
By the end of this collection, you will be able to:
- Know and understand the term "share" and it's role in a learner-centered classroom
- Understand multiple strategies that use technology to get students sharing their work with each other and a wider audience
- Create an activity that effectively allows students to share their work and receive feedback from others
- Learn how to modify and build a technology rich, instructionally sound lesson plan that allows students the opportunity to share
Pre-Requisites or necessary equipment: